A lot of weight, tiredness and swelling of the legs can be a symptom of a dangerous and unpleasant disease – varicose veins. The most frequently suffer from women in adulthood, but in recent years the disease began to appear in young girls. We understand how to treat varicose veins on the legs in women.
Causes of varicose veins in women
The man in the veins are valves that prevent back flow of blood, the appearance of irregularities in their work, the vascular walls become thin and stretched, which can cause stagnation – exactly what is manifested varicose veins.
The main causes for varicose veins on the legs in women:
- Genetic predisposition to diseases of the veins (congenital anomalies of venous valves and vessel walls);
- Pregnancy increases the stress on all the organs, including the vascular system;
- The metabolic, hormonal drugs;
- High physical load on the lower limbs, especially among athletes and people who spend a lot of time on their feet, teachers, vendors, etc;
- Sedentary lifestyle, sedentary work;
- Long-term sitting in the position of the legs;
- Wearing uncomfortable tight clothing and tight shoes;
- Leg injuries.
Recently, varicose veins on the legs of young girls and women that appear more often. It is also associated primarily with heredity (due to their illness can develop even in young children), and pregnancy (due to changes in the hormonal status of the blood can become thicker, increased intra-abdominal pressure impedes the outflow of venous blood).
Excess of female hormones affects the collagen fibers lining the walls of blood vessels. Vascular tone, since this can become much worse, causing varicose veins occur in women.
Symptoms of varicose veins in women
Varicose women develops slowly and requires long-term treatment. The disease progresses slowly, diseases of the circulatory system result in damage to the valves and dilation of the blood vessels. In the photo are the signs of varicose veins on the legs women visible to the naked eye.
Women suffer from varicose veins more often than men, and therefore it is necessary to monitor the health of your heart and circulatory system carefully, especially if someone in the family has also had problems with the veins.
The main symptoms of varicose veins in women legs:
- The manifestation of the capillary network;
- Night cramps in the calf muscles;
- The feeling of tiredness in the legs by the evening: swelling, pain pain, burning sensation;
- There are veins on the surface of the skin;
- Hyperemia of the tissues, discoloration of the skin: she can blush, turn pale, became blue. Perhaps the emergence of age spots;
- In a later stage appears as sores on the skin, which takes a long time to heal.
Upon detection of signs of varicose veins woman it is important to immediately consult with a doctor-phlebologist or vascular surgeon. Advanced forms of the disease can lead to complications: purpura blood, amputation and even death.
Methods of treatment of varicose veins in women
After the doctor diagnosed varicose veins, the woman must follow all the recommendations for elimination of the disease. At which stage was not a disease, it is important to use a comprehensive treatment without surgery. Special attention should be given to treat varicose veins in pregnancy.
The most advanced cases of varicose veins require special and careful treatment. The radical method is surgical removal surgery the veins that increased. There are two types of interference:
- The classic phlebectomy – a risky operation with a long rehabilitation period. At the time of manipulation and removes the diseased part of the vessel. After the surgery can cause bleeding and possible infection of the wound;
Surgical intervention is not carried out during the pregnancy and infectious diseases, not to provoke the degradation of women.
- Mini phlebectomy helps to remove even small tubers. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia, a small puncture through which the hook of the sky, struck the vessel and decorated. Recovery takes a few days, but it has almost no contraindications.
Modern less traumatic way to treat varicose veins on the legs in women its essence is that it is broken the vein is closed using defined procedures and rehabilitation period, which is the virtually no. Traces of this intervention remains. Varieties of minimally invasive (almost complete absence of trauma to other tissues and body systems) therapy:
- Sclerotherapy is the introduction of a special self-adhesive component in the affected vessel;
- Laser coagulation under the influence of the beam eliminates the vascular mesh on the legs;
- Radiofrequency ablation is performed with the use of a catheter for single use, which during the manipulation of the heated, which stimulates the contraction of the blood vessels.
Treatment of varicose in women who carried the drugs for internal and external use. Medication is necessary to reduce inflammation, strengthen the vein walls and prevents thickening of blood and blood clots. But for this woman will need constant medicines, before you use them, see the list of the contraindications and consult a specialist to prevent further progression of the disease.
At the first stage of varicose veins on the legs just enough, ointments, and creams, that eliminates swelling and the feeling of tiredness.
If you have problems in the treatment of varicose veins additionally, the appointed pills for oral use.
If there is a risk of thrombosis or blood is too thick, you will need to take blood thinners – drugs based on aspirin or heparin.
Get rid of the vein nodes need surgery – no drugs and folk methods will not help.
Compression underwear for women, who appear in three forms: pantyhose, stockings or socks. It is recommended to wear after surgery, during the complex treatment of varicose veins. If you want to figure out what size of socks of compression, which you need, contact a specialist – only he determined, depending on the stage of the disease the necessary level of support to the vessels.
Folk medicine helps relieve the symptoms, but not cure varicose veins in women. There are various recipes, which helps to speed up recovery and strengthen the walls of blood vessels in the home.
Teas thin the blood, give tone to the vessels, avoiding their trauma, increase the body's resistance:
- Pour 20 g of nettle (dried or fresh) one Cup of boiling water, leave to steep for 1 hour. Be divided into 3 parts the resulting broth and drink it every day Cups per day. This syrup strengthens the veins, do not allow the wear of the valves;
- Ginseng tones and eliminates diseases of the blood vessels. Alcohol the tincture can be purchased in a pharmacy or make your own, this requires 150 g of dry ginseng, which is filled with 600 ml of vodka. Within 2 weeks the facility to infuse in a cool dark place, then strain the liquid and take 4 times daily 1-2 scoops on an empty stomach.
Compresses and ointments which are used externally on affected areas of the legs, remove the varicose veins and it works locally.
- Finely grate the beets, mix with 2 tablespoons honey and mix well. Apply ointment generously to affected areas on the legs at least for a few hours.
- Apply for the all night paste of raw potatoes on the affected areas of the legs. Treatment lasts 4-6 weeks, with daily repetition of the sessions. The next morning the foot should be washed with clean water.
Guidelines for nutrition and physical activity
It is true that proper diet and exercise simple exercises, the patient has the potential to accelerate recovery, or prevent the worsening of the situation. First adjust power – reduce your intake of fatty, smoked and salted foods, alcohol and sweets. Give preference to fresh vegetables and fruit, seafood and fish, diversification of the diet with eating low-fat lean meats, seafood, nuts and legumes.
Daily light exercises reasonable reasonable load on the legs helps to keep the blood vessels healthy more. Find at least 20-30 minutes per day for physical activity – a walk in the Park to bike ride, go swimming.
At varicose veins women should be careful of the heat treatment. Sauna, steam bath, waxing and hot packs can be triggered by the deterioration of the women.
Varicose veins more often affect women than men, is mainly associated with the physiological characteristics of women. The disease begins with women of different ages, including very young girls, and his slow development of the lulls in the continuous monitoring of the patient, so the treatment starts to do when varicose veins in the legs has reached a critical stage and it brings discomfort. Treatment involves correction of strength, wearing supportive underwear, to drug use and in the absence of contraindications – the use of folk remedies. Surgery is used only in advanced cases.