Varicose veins on the legs is a chronic disease that is characterized by the expansion of venous vessels and blood flow disorders in lower limbs.
The disease occurs both in men and women. The danger is that it can detect in the early stages, is quite difficult, and later treatment is fraught with complications.
Varicose veins on the legs: treatment in the different stages of the disease
How to treat varicose veins on the legs, depends on the patient and the stage at which he went to the doctor. There are four stages of disease. Below we will examine each of them.
For the treatment of varicose veins of the legs in the initial phase (as in the picture) — the right decision. The main thing — time to diagnose the disease. In the early stage, the patient suffers from swelling in the legs, pain pain and weight in the lower limbs (especially after long walks).
Therapy should include regular practice of special exercises, massage and use of creams, relieves fatigue and swelling.
To further strengthen the walls and improve the flow of blood, the doctor may prescribe the intake of tonics.
Important!Massage is available only at the initial stage. In the presence of a wound, it will cause injury and will be an additional burden for the vessel.
In the first instance,
The symptoms in the first stage are added are:
- education veins and nodules on the legs;
- frequent convulsions at night;
- feel the heat below the knee.
At this stage, the recommended treatment:
- sclerotherapy (injection with a needle of substances, strengthens its vessels from the inside and restoration of damaged areas);
- ozone therapy (a tool that is introduced in the lumen of the vessel, sticking to the wall).
For the consolidation effect, the patient for several months after the surgery wearing special compression stockings that provide pressure on the walls of blood vessels.
The second phase of the
Nodules and spider veins become more intense shade in the affected areas felt itching and burning, often, pigmentation and numbness of the skin.
Treatment takes place in one of two ways:
- Traditional– a combination of medical treatments and compression therapy.
- Operating– requires surgical intervention and the implementation of such operations:
- if the patient is not compromised the function of the valves, it is prescribed sclerosing therapy (input of iron chloride);
- the laser action is directed to the processing of laser warm flow.
Important!At this stage, you need to immediately seek the advice of a phlebologist.
The third phase of the
This is the most severe form of the disease, which is characterized by bulging of the deformed nodes that can burst under high pressure.
Sometimes nodules and spider veins can occur open wounds that fester and do not heal in a few weeks (trophic ulcers).
At this stage, effectively only the removal of the affected tissue with the help of phlebectomy. After the discharge the patient for a long period of time, must wear a compression garment and take drugs that strengthen the vascular walls.
If the disease developed in the back of the stage, don't despair — there are modern painless methods to remove varicose veins is an example of such operation — removal by laser.
Characteristics of varicose veins in women and men
It is believed that this ailment is more susceptible to women because they often wear tight shoes and high heels are the physiological tendency. In fact, the percentage of the patients approximately the same in both sexes, the difference in the search for help women recognize the symptoms early and sound the alarm, while men long time delay with it or does not attach importance to the disease.
The other reason of pregnancy. With the increasing body weight increases the load on the legs, which causes varicose veins.
Symptoms of varicose veins in men and women are similar, but the course of disease has its own characteristics.
The danger for men is that high risk for the spread of disease in the hands and groin (varicocele).
The main difference is you can called that because of the way of life of men is a group of factors, which significantly speeds up the process of the development of the disease:
- intense physical activities;
- bad habits, Smoking, alcohol;
- lifting weights;
- large body mass, and therefore the load on the legs;
- carelessness – men are less picky about the external changes on the skin, so that may not be noticed, the seal of the tubers.
The difference between how to treat varicose veins on the legs in women and men — not, the main thing – time to pay attention to symptoms and seek medical help. In men usually occur in more advanced cases, how to treat varicose veins are, when he reached the second and third stage.
Important!The level of danger for men is equivalent to a heart disease.
If the disease has moved into the third phase, to completely cure the disease, can only working methods. Many are wondering whether it is possible to cure severe varicose veins on legs without surgery. This is possible only if a comprehensive treatment of traditional methods exclusively on the early stages:
- Compression garments or bandages exert pressure on the walls of blood vessels, which affects the redistribution of blood flow.
- The use of external agents – creams and gels, which helps to relieve swelling, relieve pain and nourish the skin. After prolonged use it heals ulcers, strengthens the venous mesh, and the venous valves. On the basis of external influences – fats and oils and active ingredients, the used organic compounds and plant extracts.
- Medicines are drugs that help blood flow: phlebotonics, antiplatelet agents, anticoagulants and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Therapeutic exercises – moderate exercise increases the elasticity and strength of blood vessels.
- Leech therapy – medicinal leeches secrete a substance, hirudin, which prevents blood clotting. Leech therapy is effective in the presence of blood clots.
Many diseases can be treated by traditional methods.
Varicose veins in this case is no exception.
Below you will see examples of where and how you can treat varicose veins on legs at home.
Attention!Treatment at home may only be used as an extra, and will be effective in the early stages.
These recipes are likely to replace traditional treatments, but are how to reduce varicose veins and relieve symptoms to reduce discomfort of the patient:
- Rubbing the affected area with ice and bath with cold water will help to eliminate the swelling and tension of the legs after work.
- A blend of hops. One tablespoon of hop cones, pour a glass of boiling water. The mixture is prepared in a water bath for 10-15 minutes and is divided into three doses before meals.
- A tincture of horse chestnut effectively reduces inflammation and pain: green chestnuts cut into 4 pieces, and tamped in a quart jar. Then pour the brim with vodka, insist in a dark, cool place for 10-14 days. Finished tincture rubbed aching areas for pain relief during acute and preventive purposes.
- Cabbage leaves smeared with honey on the inner side and used to the painful spot for 2-3 hours. To increase the effect of the compress can be wrapped in cling film and a towel.
- In the summer the tubers of young potatoes rubbed on a fine grater and put the pulp in a thick layer on my feet, wrapped them with gauze. The compress should be worn for 5-6 hours, periodically changing the potatoes for fresh.
- Dry powder blue or white clay, dilute with warm water to make a mixture resembling cream. The clay is applied in a thick layer, insulated, gauze, bandages, and kept for 2 hours.
- One part garlic is on the ground with two parts of butter, that the mixture is smooth. Consequently, the ointment is rubbed in the extended veins before bedtime, and at the top of the wear high socks, made from natural materials. In the morning wash off the poultice.
To sum up, we can say that with the right approach to treatment and timely treatment from specialists, not only to prevent the emergence of complications, but also completely stop the progression of the disease.
The main thing – to approach therapy holistically and systematically follow the doctor orders, so to cure the veins in the legs without surgery in the last stages, unfortunately, impossible.